My husband has always been into BDSM and for years introduced me to different kinks and play. Not being into hardcore BDSM myself, I have dreaded some while have enjoyed the rest. And knife play is one of the things I am grateful to my husband for.
However, BDSM knife play is not risk-free, and your partner must have a steady and seasoned hand to make it enjoyable without having to rush you to the hospital.
What Is Knife Play?
Knife play is a part of consensual BDSM play that involves sharp objects like swords, knives, and daggers to initiate and elevate sexual stimulation. This does not necessarily involve just cutting off the skin but can be as mild as tearing your dress.
My husband used the knife initially on my dress and sometimes on my hair to make me familiar with the object and then went on using it to scrape the wax off my body and finally scratch the skin carefully.
You can keep your knife kink as mild or as hardcore you are okay with. As long as it tantalizes you and makes you breathe faster it is working just fine. BDSM is more about pleasure than pain.
How Can You Use a Knife in BDSM?
Before you get into sexual knife play, there are certain steps you must cover before you begin. I highly advocate these to make the experience more enriching and safe.
Talk with Your Partner
Any physical contact needs consent but more so if BDSM toys are included. The dom-sub equation requires an openness among partners. They should clarify their desires, fears, and kinks to each other. Do not let anyone gaslight you and follow your instincts. Your partner should not make you feel bad about not being okay with BDSM. Similarly, one should not outrightly reject the aspect.
Set Your Limits
Be it sexual knife play or plastic wrap bondage, whenever there is some risk or extremity involved, you must set the limits. Decide upon a safe word and respect it.
Be confident about yourself and what you want. Do not let fears hold you back. I had been scared in the beginning but I have learned that letting yourself go and taking charge is the way to pleasure.
Do Your Homework
If you are a newbie, go through a knife play guide and learn what the ways you can implement it in your session are. Also, keep in mind the knife play safety rules.
Knife Play Techniques
Now let us come to how to use a knife play. Like I already said, in my experience knives can be used in many ways.
- You can use the knife to cut your partner’s clothes. My husband used to rip off my thongs and stockings while touching the tip of my skin.
- The knife can be used to make scratches on the skin.
- Use the tip of the knife to simply run all over the body.
- Scrape wax after a wax play session.
- Use the knife for a sensual stimulation.
Basic Knife Play Scene
- Blunt your knife sufficiently for knife play fetish. You don’t wanna hurt your sub.
- Start stimulating sensually by placing the knife flat against the skin and take slowly take things forward.
- Both of you should be relaxed and in a comfortable setting.
- Do not use any lubricant or slippery oil.
- Be comforting to the sub and stop immediately when the danger is uttered.
Knife Play Safety
- Do not use a very sharp knife for erotic knife play.
- Make sure that you and your partner are both into knife play kink.
- Be extremely careful when using the tip or the sharp edge.
- Do not consume alcohol before or during the act.
- Keep a first-aid kit handy. In case of bleeding, tend to the wound immediately.
- In case of a severe accident, rush to the emergency room.
- Handle the knife extremely gently.
How to Choose the Right Knife?
A swiss knife or a pocket knife that is not extremely sharp is the best kind. My husband uses a swiss knife with some edge but not razor sharp. In case you have a regular knife, blunt it before using it. You can also go for special BDSM knives for the purpose. They are the safest and specially designed for knife play.
Therefore knife play can be extremely enjoyable provided you know your way around the knife as well as your partner’s body. It has been a joyous ride for me, and I hope you relish the sweet fruits of it. Let me know in the comments what you think about this kink.